May 12, 2007

Apparently, I'm Not So Different Either

So, Remember how the notion of when not sewing we are shopping was going around? Carolyn does it; Debbie does it; and even Claire has owned up to it. Apparently, I'm completely normal! Yesterday, before heading into work at 10 - I went to the Orthodontist for a new retainer (necessary after a new crown); then I headed over the Fred Meyer for some tanning lotion and other necessities. I stumbled across this little beauty and it had to come home with me. I think, based on all the hooks on it - that is suppose to be a jewelry hanger of some sort - but it's going to live in my sewing room. I could put pins or buttons in the base - but I won't it will find a home on one of my shelves and just look pretty. Next I headed to JoAnn's. Now I really don't need anything. But I'm feeling overwhelmed and guilty about the knitting projects that are currently lying around, so why not add to that guilt by tacking on a few sewing projects that I will attempt to get done before heading out on vacation - but most likely won't get finished. This is what I picked up there - The first piece of fabric is pink with white polka dots (the spots are about the size of a pencil eraser). I'm thinking that this fabric would look great sewn up in Simplicity 3877. I'm thinking view D - the non-wrap version with the cap sleeve. I have already made this pattern up once and I know how it fits, so while there are lots of pieces - this is easy sewing. Doable before 6:00 a.m. Thursday when I need to be finished packing. Next, I found this great cotton floral. It has shades of pink, green and mauve on an ivory background. Personally, I think this would be a fabulous muslin for the brown polka dot dress (which will now be set aside until Fall) from Simplicity 3774. I'm personally leaning toward View A, but using the short sleeve instead of the long belled sleeve option. I don't know how doable this is before Thursday. I really only have 1.5 full days to sew plus 3 evenings after work. Finally, I spotted these two quilting cottons. I'm not trying to decide it they should be another version of The Daisy Skirt with the graphic print being the main skirt fabric and the green being the border or attempt Butterick 5046, View D - the 2-color top. My hesitation with this top is that I'm worried the longer length, full top will make me look preggers. But it would be a fun top! And could easily be worn over my khaki capris. I'll take it to the ASG meeting today and look for opinions! Here are a few pieces from my last pitty party shopping that I haven't shared with anyone yet! This first one is a beautiful sheer piece with a plaid overlaid with circles. The turquoise piece under is for the lining. The picture with the fabric folded doesn't show how pretty it really is! This fabric screamed at me - and yet it's still sitting here folded. It is destined to become B4978, View A. I love this dress - I might make the longer length, but most likely the shorter. Then I picked up this little remnant of a slinky. I really love B4996. However, I don't like the dress in this pattern. The gores in the skirt just look wrong to me for some reason. So, I'm going to make the top from this pretty piece of fabric. This would be super cute with a brown, pink, or even the seafoam green bottom of sort. Either a semi-full skirt or possibly slacks - if I can ever get a pattern to fit. My last stop before hitting the office was Staples. I love office supplies almost as much as I love fabric stores. The chair pin cushion was actually purchased at JoAnn's but the bookends came from Staples and they look great with the dress form. I don't know what I'm going to put them "around" so they show how cute they actually are, I may just put them in front of something.

1 comment :

  1. I just wanted to say that I love the teal green slinky fabric (second pic from bottom)! I recently bought some for a summer top for a vogue pattern. I can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs