March 19, 2008

Seeing Spots

I love this polka dotted fabric. Absolutely love it! However, I am hating working with it. I'm about ready to throw in the towel. Those of you who just give it up and never finish a project - how do you know it's time? I don't really want to be a quitter, but this is making me crazy. First - it's poly. It's beautiful, chocolate brown with pink and cream polka dots I have added cream pipping to the midriff band, sleeve hems and neckline. I am lining the dress with cotton. There are 2 reasons for this - First, so I don't have poly next to my skin and second (and more importantly really) to give the dress some body. Any advice would be appreciated - meanwhile I'll just keep plugging along at it until my desire to stitch anything is completely gone!

4 comments :

  1. I am sorry to hear that the fabric is so hard to work with. I think the dress will be gorgeous when it is done. I wish I had some tips to offer. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't call it quitting or giving up. I put the item down, step back from it for a few days, week , whatever. When it's time to work on it again, I'll know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call it quits when I know the garment isn't going to fit properly or when I become so frustrated that I can't stand to look at the project anymore (and I know that I'll never wear\use it).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really cute fabric. Well since I don't really sew I can't give too much advice. I can say good luck.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs