April 16, 2008

Coffee Swap Topic #3

Tell us how you started drinking coffee. Were you in high school or college and making it through all nighters? Did you get it from a family member? What drives your love of the bean?
I can't really remember when I started drinking coffee, but I know originally it was with cream and sugar. Truth be known, I really love a big cup of coffee with a flavored creamer in it (or Bailey's) but I tend to drink it black now and I really enjoy it that way. I'm sure I was in high school when I first started drinking coffee.
I remember my sister making pots of flavored coffee and then putting the left over coffee (pot an all) into the fridge for iced coffees in the afternoon. She would also make coffee cubes so her coffee wouldn't get diluted as the ice melted. That works best with flavored coffee - in my opinion.
Now I have a coffee pot with a timer and I wouldn't have it any other way. The coffee is ready to go when I am in the morning. Some days I think it's the smell rather than the taste that I enjoy, but I really do love the flavor.
My favorite thing to do on a weekend morning is to walk the houndies to the local latte stand and get me a grande non-fat vanilla bean latte! Yum-oh.
(The photo is me on the train from Grand Central Station to Connecticut, working on JB's toe-up socks and drinking a latte!)

2 comments :

  1. That's about the only thing that gets me out of bed during the work week - the fact that the coffee is already brewing and I can smell it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs