May 21, 2008

Another Finished Knit

Tonight I grafted the toes on the Pink Princess socks. These were originally started right after the first of the year. I had The Princess look through Favorite Socks and mark a few patterns that she liked. My friend D started calling these the 'peppermint candy' socks. This pair went on vacation with us last month - but I wasn't very far along. I did 7 patterns of the lace on the leg, then made the heel. My goal was to get the heel turned and the gusset completely decreased before coming home so The Princess could try them on. I managed to get that accomplished, but didn't get an process pictures of her trying them on. They are long enough in the leg for her and fit through the heel and gusset. You can see that they are too big for me. The kid wears a size 10.5 shoe! These socks are long. Pattern: Merino Lace Socks by Anne Woodbury from Favorite Socks. Yarn: Maxime Print by Filatura deLarosa, 2 balls Needles: Addi Turbo, 40" US1s, magic looped both socks at the same time from the top down. Time to complete: 3 months! Ugh - apparently I need to focus more :)

2 comments :

  1. They're lovely!! Look at all the other knitted and sewed FOs you've had since then though... You've been plenty productive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty! I like the lace pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs