August 26, 2008

Erin's Bears

Here are three of the bears that I outfitted for Camp Erin. I believe you have seen the little one wearing the purple and cream dress with the bow in her hair. You've also seen the bikini bear - but now she's got a beach blanket/sarong. My last bear was another laying down bear. So I made some bloomers out of some Cascade 220 that I bought to make a felted purse. (we call all tell how well that played out - no need to be nasty.) I also designed a little jammie top. There is tiny white ribbon threaded through eyelets at the waist, ankles and neckline. I also made a buttonhole for her tail to show. This week at knitting we will be having the 'bear party.' If you knit a bear, it is due on Wednesday. There will be champagne and snacks to celebrate another year of bear making and the kick off to another successful camp. Wish you all could be there, I'll take photos.

6 comments :

  1. Dang. Showing those photos to MIL resulted in a request to knit for her baby doll, who wears a size 12 mo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jammie bear is cute, too! I love your work on these, and can't wait to see the party pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to pipe in and make over those dressed bears. I like to put a little something on some of my collection, but the things I have are not nearly as cute as yours! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what adorable bears!!
    Hope its a great Bear Tea Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute. When I lived at the beach, I used to dress a doll for charity at Christmas each year. I think I should start doing that again.

    I collect bears in coats. I have a pretty nice little group of them now. They make me laugh. What's more silly than a bear wearing a coat?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs