September 29, 2008

Very Domestic

JB is a classic over-achiever when it comes to gardening. Planting food is no exception. With that logic in mind, he planted 6 different pepper plants, 2 jalapenos, and 2 other varieties of peppers. Of course, the peppers have been coming in for awhile. Now, there are more than we can possibly use. Anyone have a good, easy recipe for stuffed jalapenos? A little dogpile search told me that I could either pickle the peppers or freeze them. So freezing it is! Also in that photo is the bowl of tomatoes, and 2 straight neck squash.
This is a photo of some pureed, baked squmpkin. The other night I picked another one. One half got baked squash side up filled with pecans, maple syrup, vanilla and nutmeg. The other side got baked squash side down and then pureed with thyme. I have put this in the freeze but plan to use it for some stuffed pasta shells soon.
I'm not sure what's up with all the domesticity. I don't enjoy cooking, although I do it regularly. I'm already thinking that next year we should have way more tomatoes so I can make tomato sauce and homemade ketchup.

3 comments :

  1. Well, your peppers, tomatoes and squash certainly are pretty. And if you can get JB to get his fingernails grubby planting, weeding and such, more power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all looks so delicious! Even if you don't like cooking, it's still great to have all that fresh produce at your fingers, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum... And the dress is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs