November 16, 2008

Garments in the Wild

So here's the short plaid skirt with the green twinset and brown tights. I wore the outfit on Wednesday. Details can be found here. Other than the fact that my tights were too long and I felt like a "L'eggs" commercial from the '80s (hey look, mommy has elephant ankles!), it was comfortable and easy to wear. JB thought the skirt looked weird because it has a facing rather than a waistband. Most surprising to me was that I was uncomfortable with the length. I thought I would be - it felt short but was fine. The turtleneck could still stand to be longer. It wasn't quite long enough to fold over, but the fabric was too stiff to leave unfolded. The cardi felt too big. But it doesn't look like it in the photo. I think I might try to move the armholes up in the next version - but I will continue to work with this pattern as I like it.

7 comments :

  1. oh my...i LOVE that skirt..i like the length for you, too...i am a fan of above the knee skirts. That is just too stinking cute. The cardi is roomy, but i do not think it looks sloppy...were you comfortable with it? Overall...super cute outfit, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i -love- the skirt, gaylen! it's so flirty! stinkin' adorable. you've got some mad skilz, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love the outfit! (and the elephant ankles don's show, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the length of the skirt - it has a bouncy, fun appearance. The whole thing looks good on you. Love that green color on you, too. The twinset came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute - in a totally professional kinda' way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute skirt! The length looks good on you. I always wear my skirts above the knee...but then, my legs are so short, if I don't, I have no legs!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love it!!! You look great... the skirt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs