December 9, 2008

Frustration

Maybe you can't tell, but Saturday after getting out all the embroidery supplies I wanted to cut out a shirt for JB. After looking everywhere for the pattern I knew I had purchased. I finally gave up. I pulled all the piles of fabric and patterns off the top of the table. I opened up the cupboards and pulled all the unfolded fabric out. I emptied those three baskets at the back of the table. All that stuff on the top of the table? Had nothing to do with the project I wanted to work on!! Frustrating. So, before starting on the shirt - I refolded all the fabric and tucked it into the cabinets. I store the fabric in color families - with the exception of linings and quilting cottons which are all just lumped together. So, the gist is it only took me about 30 minutes to put everything away. I found the pattern I was originally looking for, but by then I had traced the other one and decided to just run with it. I sorted, folded and tossed. I even have a bag full of patterns to part with come the new year.
Next up - all those bins and baskets under the table!

7 comments :

  1. G,I didn't know about Lucy. How's she doing? What's the diagnosis? I'm worried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a nice big space. I have my fabric stuffed in 4 shelves which are on top of 3 4-drawer file cabinets in my office, organized by fabric use and color group (except for the newest stuff, which won't fit). My patterns are organized in bins in an unused space in the china cabinet in the breakfast room, tied together as dresses, skirts, tops, jackets, etc. It's so hard to keep things organized when you work with the stuff, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean or messy I love your sewing space and would spend some quality time with you there any time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...which reminds me, I need to do another declutter update...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it nice to work in a neat, organized space. I have to do that occasionally to be able to concentrate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh....a tidy sewing space....i love it. i need to weed out my patterns too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs