March 14, 2009

More Thanks

I might have mentioned at one time or another that one of the things I want to do in 2009 is learn to do fair isle. There are distinct advantages to having a friend who owns a yarn and fabric store - fiber at your whims. Wednesday, I got a box containing lots and lots of this pretty spring green frog tree alpaca - enough to make a cardigan. With enough balls of aqua thrown in to make a two color fair isle yoke. Now to find a pattern. I think I might try something really new with this project - maybe steeks? I want either a traditional yoked fair isle pullover or a yoked cardi. Anyone have pattern ideas? The put up for Frog Tree Sport Alpaca is 130 yards per 50 gram ball. I have 11 balls of spring green and 4 aqua. I'm looking forward to finding something for this.

3 comments :

  1. Gaylen, LOVE those colors! Your project will be gorgeous!

    P.S. I think I finally figured out the posting thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very SPRING colors! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh...Fair Aisle AND Steeking? I bow down to your braveness. :-) I love the colors you picked, too. Whatever you make is going to look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs