April 15, 2009

I'd Like to Introduce You

to my newest project. These are the Grape Leyburn socks (all the details can be found on Ravelry - and all the cool kids know how to get there). The yarn is malibrigo sock and it's soft and lovely. I think it might be too soft for socks, but I love it and I will finish them. The pattern is lovely. While I'm not following the pattern directly (I'm really not that sort of girl), I am using the stitch pattern. It's easy to memorize. Easy to see where you are in the pattern. And, most importantly, easy to execute.
These are going quite quickly - I started them for real on April 7th and I'm just about ready to start working on adding the gusset stitches. I'm going to do the toe-up gusset and traditional heel flap.
Also - for anyone who likes to win neat stuff - go check out Ally B - she's having a contest and giving away a super cute notions wallet and a ball of tofutsies. Tell her I sent you :)

3 comments :

  1. I bet you don't even need a pattern any more. You can probably knit socks in your sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I wonder how it will wear, being so VERY soft? I also wonder about that pattern... I can just see Gretchen sliding a nail under one of the "crosses"... ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how all your socks have names. These look like they'll be cute! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't follow directions, but uses them as guidelines!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs