May 12, 2009

coming up for air

Wow! When you use flickr to import photos they are huge, even when set on small!
Okay - so I'm finally starting to come up for air. There has been knitting - the lovely wisteria inspired Mini Mochi accompanied me to Canada last weekend to say good byes to JB's mom. She's still with us, but nobody knows for how long.
The mini mochi is well on it's way to becoming waterfall socks (ravelry link). I did the math this morning for doing a toe up traditional heel flap and gusset. This is a great heel and I really like the way it fits and allows the most use of the yarn.
I'm thinking about doing a knitting themed tree for the upcoming holidays. But I'll share more about that later.
Thanks for the emails, comments and encouragement. I've missed you guys.

12 comments :

  1. Welcome back. Yummy yarn colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Take a deep breath and relax...and knit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty colors. We missed you too you know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home; love to you and JB, and of course, sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been missing you. But you were gone for a most important reason. I'm glad you got to go now instead of just later.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee!!!! G's Back! [doing happy dance]. love the yarn. looks like some Ty Dy I have.
    As to the holiday tree idea; like the idea but.......
    you're thinking waaayyyyy too far ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, G! I've been worried about you and thinking about you! Glad you are back. VERY sorry to hear about JB's mom. These are difficult things to go through...but you are not alone.
    Special hugs to you and JB and your family! Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about JB's mom...although I'm glad you are back! You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very happy to see you back and so sorry about JB's mother. Hugs to you both!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad to hear all is well
    love your waterfall socks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving the waterfall socks, miss g.
    nice to see your voice again here.

    it will be even nicer to see your face in just a few short weeks!

    keep blogging. i'm listening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors. The knitting should be beautiful:).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs