August 28, 2009

My Friends Have Great Taste!

Last week my friend GoldenTracks added a book to her stash on Ravelry. Well - books don't go into stash they go into Library. She was cleaning her stuff out and getting rid of the things she would never use. I have long wanted Wrapped in Comfort and now I have my very own copy - thanks to Miss GT. Thanks for everything - it's all lovely. She PM'd (private messaged) me through Rav and asked if there was anything else in her stash that she was getting rid of that I wanted. - Well, since you asked. Actually - I told her if she had sock yarn supplies that she didn't want and nobody was interested in - to just ship it. I would knit her a pair of socks or two. Wednesday when I got home, there was a box on my front porch. The top photo? That's what come spilling out of the box. 2 books - Wrapped in Comfort and Knitting New Scarfs. Another ball of Ty-Dy Socks. If you have a chance - get some of this it is so soft and lovely to knit. 4 hanks of Lorna's Laces in two different colorways and some Cherry Tree Hill. Unfortunately the beautiful Cherry Tree Hill is what convinced Miss GT that she didn't like knitting socks. She disliked it so much that she ripped them. It's too bad - there are so many lovely sock yarns. But what I really want to know - what's in the center?

7 comments :

  1. GT DOES have great taste. I love Wrapped in Comfort. Be sure to read the stories... "Fredfoot" is done in the Bigfoot pattern in there.

    I also have the VERY same Ty-Dy, and possibly even the CTH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice package of goodies. I see more socks in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice present after a day at work. Those are pretty colors, and getting a new book is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's in the middle?????? Well, I wound that yarn long before I had a ball winder. It is wrapped around 2 cardboard rolls from packing tape....I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such great treats!!
    GT is good to you!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs