September 24, 2009

Guest Dog

After I knit the socks for the Musical One - I had a ton of yarn left over. So - this time I spooled enough out to make the stripes line up and wait for it - - wait for it - - wait for it - - are you waiting? I knit them from the top down. Granted they are short ankle socks - but still - top down. I knit these for a friend. Unfortunately, she has been home recovering from a work injury. So, as soon as I grafted the toes closed, I popped them into an envelope and mailed them to her. Her lovely pup Lula wouldn't quit sniffing her feet. Do you think they might have smelled like my pack? Maybe - just a little?

8 comments :

  1. LOVE that yarn. Will have to Rav-stalk and get more info.

    Lulu is adorable. Pink and green collar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah - how could socks coming out of your house possibly smell like dog to Lula? I think Lula was admiring the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top down! I'm in awe. I have only ever made them toe up...maybe you will inspire me to venture out!

    Congrats, they are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the socks I've made have been top down. I've never worked with the self striping yarn, hope to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or Lula just has a hand knit sock fetish? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice socks:) mmmm....do ya really think her dog smelled yours? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. She'll need to keep an eye on them or Lula might try to mark her territory. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gotta learn to knit. Those are soem awesome socks!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs