November 23, 2009

The Next Float Is. . . .

Koigu Cloverleaf Socks! My friend VeeDogKnits send me the pinkish red Koigu for my birthday a year or so ago. I love Koigu - the colors the twist - I mean really, what's not to love? After caking this yarn up I looked through my knit stitch a day for something to wake the sock up a bit. I chose the cloverleaf cable. I started at the toes and was halfway up the foot when I freaked out thinking there wouldn't be enough of the red koigu to finish the socks. So I searched my LYS for another hank or two of a contrast color to work with the red. I went with yellow - there was a fair bit of yellow in the red. I believe accents should come in three (it's a sewing thing) so these socks have yellow toes, afterthought heels and cuffs. If you remember - I was worried about not having enough yarn for nothing - I had plenty left over and made VDK a matching short pair!

5 comments :

  1. Cute. You and Rob would get along great. he has this thing about doing things in groups of three or really any odd number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your parade! Great socks, you really have outdone yourself with so many pairs this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how cute and colorful those socks are.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice design. The yellow toes do pick up the yellow in the red. Hope you're having a good week off. And since the Eagles are sucking this year, maybe they'll have a better year next year for your visit.

    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs