September 5, 2010

Beignet in Muslin

Front View

So - what's going on here?  The waist is too big, by maybe 2".
the at the hips?  What am I seeing? 
Those are folds of fabric going from the hip to the waist, not pulls.
But I don't know how to fix it!
Side Seams hang straight

Back View - Not Too Bad

This is my "true muslin" of Colette Patterns Beignet Skirt.  My hips need a size 18, but my waist was between a 16 and an 18, so I traced a straight 18. 
I will say the waist is a big big, but other than those strange fabric folds,
it fits pretty good - ideas?  Suggestions?  Please help
I want my sewing mojo to return.

6 comments :

  1. Gay - it really looks like you need to add some more space to the front by releasing the seams in that area. I'm not the fit queen but that's how it looks to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually went to Hancock Fabrics today. It was a zoo. Every sewing woman in town must have been there. I got some buttons and several patterns for 99 cents each. I have a strong urge to sew lately.

    Fitting problems? I don't know. It's been too long since I've done any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No help with fitting, sorry - but I really like the pattern. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't help, as you well know, but I'm glad you've been busy this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this one. I'm so bad about reading blogs lately! I"ll email you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs