February 20, 2012

Madrona

The Madrona Fiber Arts Festival is really the only fiber festival in my backyard.  On Saturday two of my girlfriends and I got together and went shopping.  Some year we're going to sign up, take classes and stay there!

I knit 27 pairs of socks last year and did not replenish all that yarn.  I did a fair job restocking the stash on Saturday.  I got 3 hanks of Socks that Rock - 2 lightweight and 1 medium weight to make a pair of socks for JB.  Some Koigu - which I love and is getting hard to find around here.  And 3 other hanks of hand dyed yarns from indys that I had never heard of.  That's enough for 7 pairs of socks.

My new plan - buy good yarn now when I can afford it but don't have tons of time to knit it up.  But I'll have to good stuff to use when I finally retire someday and have the time, but not the money to afford it.  Let's just hope my eyesight holds out and I can still knit socks at the gauge I love. 

7 comments :

  1. Yum.... lots of pretty purples. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colors! You'll knit like my great-granny did, by feel and count. I'm pretty sure she was about 187 when I knew her, so if she could still knit, you'll be able to at 65. Plus, I've seen you knit, and it doesn't involve that much eyeball work. Anyway, I hope you have time to enjoy these lovelies while they're still fresh in your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty purples! I like your philosophy, but you also knit like a machine, so I'm pretty sure you'll use at least half of that yarn this year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection of colors! Looking at all those lovely fibers makes me want to grab my sock needles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some gorgeous colors you chose! I can't wait to see what they "grow up" to be. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOw 27 pairs of socks last year??? amazing. Im trying for 13 pairs in 2012...
    I started out great guns, Have 4 pairs done and am bored now.....ugh oh

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOw 27 pairs of socks last year??? amazing. Im trying for 13 pairs in 2012...
    I started out great guns, Have 4 pairs done and am bored now.....ugh oh

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs