August 16, 2012

Crazy Knitting

2 years ago I started knitting the Modern Quilt Wrap in beach glass colors.   I was anxious to get it knit and finished and take it to the beach in Mexico.  I knit the first 6 rows in 7 days and then I fizzled out and the project went into time out for 2 years!


I decided that it's finally time to get it finished and I've been working on it in the evenings for the past week or so.  I've now finished 12 rows and think it might be a bit small.  Granted it's not blocked yet - but I still have a lot of the mohair and silk yarn left and what in the world would I do with the tiny bits left over?

So - it's going on hold for a few weeks and then I'll focus on it again.  Hopefully I'll get JB down to a beautiful local beach to take some finished photos before the summer ends. 


It's Thursday and in my world that means being Thankful, remembering all the little things that make a difference daily.  Today I'm thankful for:  *healthy dogs*wonderful vets*a fabulous local emergency vet*fantastic friends of the real and velveteen variety*a loving husband*vacations*knitting*color*fresh peaches*

Won't you share your thanksfuls today?

6 comments :

  1. Wow, that is gorgeous! I love the colors and the design. Nice job

    I am thankful for my health and good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's big! What a lot of work, can't wait to see it on the beach.

    I'm thankful that the dogs are doing well. I''ll be even more thankful when the air conditioning repair man leaves and the house cools down again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just STUNNING.

    I'm thankful for the stuff I mentioned and that another low-keyed weekend looms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fantastic knit.....wowza

    Thankful for blueberry pie at the store...had to buy one when I saw it

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's absolutely stunning and now aren't you thrilled you made the effort to finish!!! BTW you only think 2 years on the needles is a long time because you don't have the same reference point that I'm working with....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous and it already looks huge! I'd say call it done and block that baby. : )

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs